| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 602  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:56 am 
And you never will.

I got my first ever cast iron pan today! It's really huge though (15") - please tell me I didn't make a mistake by getting that one and not the 12". I think I just underestimated the size in my head, but I was peer-pressured (not really) by Julie and Joanna on facebook! They made me do it!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 am 
Seagull of the PPK

poopiebitch wrote:
I'm about 99% sure I almost bought some of that at the International Market last night (not 100% sure because it didn't have any English writing other than the sticker with the ingredients list), but I wasn't sure what I would use it for. It looks like the only non-vegan thing I might have to look out for would be honey? Anyway, next time I'm at the market I'm definitely picking some up!

yes, just the honey, as far as i know (although i would check the ingred for fish stuff too because it seems like gochujang has a lot of variation from person to person who makes it).
this might be helpful in identifying what kind you have (at least brands, etc so you can google more). i know they vary in hotness, the one i have is less hot than Sriracha, amazingly enough. next time we will try to get the one that is "appropriately hot". http://oneforkonespoon.wordpress.com/20 ... gochujang/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

poopiebitch wrote:
I got my first ever cast iron pan today! It's really huge though (15") - please tell me I didn't make a mistake by getting that one and not the 12". I think I just underestimated the size in my head, but I was peer-pressured (not really) by Julie and Joanna on facebook! They made me do it!!

I'm always glad when I go bigger. When it comes to kitchen equipment, that is!

Seriously though, I've never regretted spending a little extra money for a larger pot/pan/bowl/anything that holds food. I tend to underestimate how much space food takes up, and how much room I need to stir things without them flying all over the place. So bigger is generally better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

It's my third day home after my vacation and I feel I'm finally (or already) getting over my Jetlag.

I've had two days where I really had to make an effort to remember work stuff correctly and to reason properly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Veg_Eric wrote:
It's my third day home after my vacation and I feel I'm finally (or already) getting over my Jetlag.

I've had two days where I really had to make an effort to remember work stuff correctly and to reason properly.

Welcome home!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Yesterday I had troubles to fall asleep but managed to use it in my advantage and had an incredible Wake-Induced Lucid Dream(the first one in years).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm 
And you never will.

torque wrote:
yes, just the honey, as far as i know (although i would check the ingred for fish stuff too because it seems like gochujang has a lot of variation from person to person who makes it).
this might be helpful in identifying what kind you have (at least brands, etc so you can google more). i know they vary in hotness, the one i have is less hot than Sriracha, amazingly enough. next time we will try to get the one that is "appropriately hot". http://oneforkonespoon.wordpress.com/20 ... gochujang/

Thank you!! I'm excited to try it (although I might try to start with a milder one).

choirqueer wrote:
I'm always glad when I go bigger. When it comes to kitchen equipment, that is!

Seriously though, I've never regretted spending a little extra money for a larger pot/pan/bowl/anything that holds food. I tend to underestimate how much space food takes up, and how much room I need to stir things without them flying all over the place. So bigger is generally better.

Awesome. And you're so right - all of my other pans are 12" or smaller, and I do often wish I had a bigger one because I can't cook a whole meal in them because stuff ends up spilling over the sides when I stir. I'm really excited to use it, although there's always that learning curve with new cookware figuring out the right stove settings and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 pm 
Impressive boner

Got paid a nice compliment from a total stranger in the street today. I also smashed training this afternoon and have Chinese food for tea.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:34 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Bonus fun times with Jojo and Nick!! Since they got kicked out of Yosemite (boo!), they came back to Santa Cruz (yay!). We had a great morning kayak with more whale sightings and sea otters and curious baby harbor seals and morning waves and peaceful bird sounds. Then we had lunch and went to Costco together- to revel in the glory of American Excess! Ha ha. They are such totally awesome people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 pm 
Hip Goiter

ameyfm wrote:
Bonus fun times with Jojo and Nick!! Since they got kicked out of Yosemite (boo!), they came back to Santa Cruz (yay!). We had a great morning kayak with more whale sightings and sea otters and curious baby harbor seals and morning waves and peaceful bird sounds. Then we had lunch and went to Costco together- to revel in the glory of American Excess! Ha ha. They are such totally awesome people.

Ahh so fun! So jealous! Haha Costco

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:51 pm 
Chard Martyr

So jealous! Jojo is rad and I'm sure Nick is cool too!

So today is Friday and payday! How awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

RandiJM wrote:
ameyfm wrote:

Ahh so fun! So jealous! Haha Costco

I came here to post that too Amey!! We had so much fun, it was so great to hang out again and we loved kayaking and lunch and Costco - where else would I have seen a bag of chips the size of my torso?! After you left we walked along west cliff and saw whales from there too and we watched people surfing. We love Santa Cruz so much!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I had my Fulbright endorsement interview and it went really well! I was really anxious about it but she didn't ask me anything I couldn't answer and I think I was able to successfully articulate the more nuanced points of my proposal.

And my director of fellowship advising has decided I am applying for a Gates scholarship. With 11 days' notice.

And started the morning with BEHP's eminent coffee which is unparalleled by any I've ever tasted.

It's just been a good day, okay?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

zwingtip wrote:
I had my Fulbright endorsement interview and it went really well! I was really anxious about it but she didn't ask me anything I couldn't answer and I think I was able to successfully articulate the more nuanced points of my proposal.

And my director of fellowship advising has decided I am applying for a Gates scholarship. With 11 days' notice.

And started the morning with BEHP's eminent coffee which is unparalleled by any I've ever tasted.

It's just been a good day, okay?

Yea!! Been wondering what you've been in to. So glad to hear things are going well! Best of luck on the Fulbright and Gates scholarship.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 am 
Dead by dawn

Yesterday: good hangout time with a friend, involving margaritas, nachos and meeting Margaret Atwood!

Today: Biker boy and I are headed across the state to my friends' wedding. They've been together 20 years and they can finally get married! I'm going to test the waterproof limitations of my mascara for sure. <3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:55 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

monkeytoes wrote:
Yesterday: good hangout time with a friend, involving margaritas, nachos and meeting Margaret Atwood!

So jealous of Margaret Atwood!

I got to see my boyfriend who I haven't seen in two weeks and we went to see X and Blondie and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

monkeytoes wrote:

Wait, what?! Details details!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:41 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This video of a Danish guy getting his My Little Pony sculpture back is so so great

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:31 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

"i don't know, in my drunken state of mind the other day, a pony disappeared."
"that's life."

denmark, takin' it in stride.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Got home hungry, and I didn't feel like cooking at all. Opened the freezer and found a box of Gardein chickn sliders. It's not winning the lotto, but it's close. Mmm, happy tummy...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

That was hilarious! And it's a huge pony, too, so not easy to steal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

also, "girl-buddy." aw.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:45 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ermegerd!! today we went to NY, just me and the kid, and we saw the calligraphy exhibit i was so excited about, and then i took her to lush for the first time and her head almost exploded, and then we randomly walked into a huge Korean street fair, and went to Mujirushi, and had lunch at MAOS, which was super duper awesome!!!!!!! we had such a nice, calm, NORMAL day together. what a joy.
the pic is super huge, sorry, but it was so awesome that i have to put it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm 
Semen Strong

How wonderful torque! We have been thinking of you and your awesome adventures all day <3

And that is a brilliant picture. Clearly a message from the Universe!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i've been thinking of you too and relieved to hear that things are going well (and that the tide of poop has ceased, which was i think where i left you the other day).
the whole exhibit was gems like this one. i was taking pics for my friend out in Washington who doesn't get around much and it was such an emotional experience. she is a big fan of the monk (and got me interested in this zen business a long time ago) and is going to be so thrilled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 602  Next